Saturday, April 12, 2003
mmmmmmmmmmmm... BEST THREE WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!!! it's a great place to be right now... *happy sigh* i can't remember a time when i've felt so at ease, so rested, so happy... it's as if the whole world has been lifted off my shoulders... all the stress from back then.. all the things to do.. and the things being planned... it all worked out... for the better... much better than i could have ever imagined... this is a lil slice of heaven... i hope i never come down!

three week re-cap:

03.24/25.03 + EVERY 15 MINUTES program no drunk driving for me... got my key-chain 'n everything... 50 cent phone-call could save a life...

03.24/25.03 + PHYSICS FUN! hahaha... payne can't teach one class and not another so we get to mess around!

03.27.03 + left for USA NATIONALS in Anaheim... GOT INTO UC BERKELEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03.29.03 + BEST CHEER PERFORMANCE EVER!!!!!!!!... 1st CHS CHEER SQUAD TO QUALIFY FOR FINALS!!!!!

03.30.03 + PLACED 11th at FINALS!

03.31.03 + gave valedictorian speech to advisory panel

04.01.03 + I'M VALEDICTORIAN! and DLS KAIROS XV leaves...eeeeeeee... kairos!

04.02.03 + PEACFUL ARTS DAY in World Religions... i'm in a band finally... woo woo... Tom on the drums... Raquel on the piano... me and Emily with the vocals... "Imagine" by John Lennon... GOT ASKED TO JUNIOR PROM!

04.03.03 + I DON'T BOMB MY PHYSICS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay! 117 on AP Section... 80 on HW section!!!! i'm back to a B-... get 'em

04.04.03 + NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!! HAD A KAIROS TEAM MEETING @ my place... then went to DLS for another KAIROS thingy!!!! eeeeeee... THEY CAME HOME! and then to BENICIA with my best bud LAUREN and saw LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS... friday was waaaaaayyyyyy cool!!!!! missed opportunity for another lil dealy... but it's ok now... lol... the show was soooooooooo bizarre... well-done but bizarre... i met some of Lauren's homies too... they was very sweet and really funny... good people! AH.. the AXIS OF LUGUBRIOUSNESS... muahahahahha!!!

04.05.03 + JUNIOR PROM "a night in New York"... really fun! got to know jeff a lot better... he's a great guy and a gentleman too!... and he liked to dance which is a big plus... hmmmmm... interesting night to say the least.

04.06.03 + Cotillion practice was cool... lol... so was my convo over the phone with LAUREN (aka ME)

04.07.03 + Jordan asked Lauren to ball!!!! lauren and I got all girly and went skipping and laughing and "eeeeeeee"-ing and bouncing through the halls when she told me during physics tutoring...

04.08.03 + Peter asked me to ball!!!!! ...finally... man i was freakin out right before i got to tutoring too... me and megan were like "Rita, you only have 3 days to find a date to ball" cuz i was leaving for Kairos the next day! and then 5 minutes later i got asked... lol... hehe... *happy sigh* lauren and I did our ceremonious "girly-thing" through the halls again... *dreamy sigh*

04.09.03 + OMG... THE BEST DAY EVER!!! peter and lauren are sooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo cool!!!!!! and to think... i was mad at him for being late for our "meeting" that morning to go over my talk... i was thinking of chewing him out too... and i'm glad i didn't now... cuz i would've been an idiot to... he's such the ROMEO! *dreamy sigh* so here's why (don't mind me and my girly-ness... i need this for posterity and those days next year when i won't have a guy that does wonderfully romantic (though not in that "bf/gf" way.. just a "hey, it's cool we're friends" way) stuff for me)... *ahem clearing my throat ahem* so it's 8:25 and i'm sitting in the caf with lauren and waiting for peter so i could go over my talk with him... 8:30 rolls around... he said he'd be here by now... minutes later we see him walk past the garaventa center... into the school building... with a rose... *eeeeeeeeeee*... so i figure he's probably going to the physics room... maybe he though i'd be there... (i was wrong btw...) so lauren goes to see what's up and tells me to stay put so i do and finish writing some stuff for kairos... 8:45... he finally arrives... but so does megan... and me and her quickly go to see if mrs. menconi's there so we can get permits to leave school that day... she's not there yet.. so we go back to the caf... and then me and peter go off... and i read my talk... yea... i should've looked up at him when i was doing it... but i thought i'd start crying if i did... i had to pretend no one was there... focus on the words (that i was bumbling through)... didn't really deliver it like i'd planned and didn't really finish the darn thing... but it was ok... bell rang.. lauren found me and told me to meet at our lockers at break before i go... decided to go to class but i didn't have my glasses... so peter offered to go look for them... he saw jamie with them on... she lied... he believed her... and i went through 1st period a bit dizzy... but it was ok... world religions class was cool... when i walked it... there was a single red rose on my desk with a lil note from peter... ahhhhhhhhhh... very sweet... although i'd kinda expected it during the day at some point... it was really really really great... no one had ever done that for me before... *sigh* so yeah.. that's when i forgave him... 9:30 rolled around... we left class and headed down the hallways like usual... and then lauren popped up... and she said we had to go outside... and peter said he needed to talk to mr. kjera... so we parted ways... and then i realized i hadn't gotten my blue slip yet or my glasses back so me and lauren went back into the main building to get it but she wouldn't let me go past the senior hallway for some reason... i saw jamie and got my glasses back... and after walking twice as much as i would have had to i got my slip and headed back outside... then i had to put my books back in my locker so me and lauren headed back to the lockers and when i opened it up... there was another rose... *eeeeeeeeeee* OMG... this was so unexpected and a gajillion times "more gooder" than the first one... i think my heart leaped or dropped... one of the two... but wow... it was WAY COOL!!!!! and SWEET! and SURPRISING! and ah.. PERFECT! *sigh* he totally made up for tuesday's invitation... *sigh* mmmmmm... and what's cooler... is that it was all planned.. with the help of lauren too... those two are so good to me... i don't know where i'd be without those two... i know i'll always be able to trust them with my shit and that's vice-versa too... but yeah... evidently lauren was his little accomplice... getting my locker and combo... diverting me... leading me... man... i love em both! the Banatao scholarship interview went alright too... and then KAIROS!!!!!!! that deserves it's own post so i'll do that later... sooooooooooo much to say...

04.10.03 + KAIROS

04.11.03 + KAIROS and VARSITY CHEER AWARDS NIGHT... I'M MVP!!!! it was so cool.. the senior good-byes were especially touching... ahhhhh... my sisters! my 17 cheering sisters... i'll always love them... and god... i was the last person to get recognized and sandy (my coach) started to cry when she spoke about me... man... she's been so good to me these past 3 years... a great influence in my life fa sho... it's crazy really... cheerleading has been so huge in my life.. and my career's over now... cept for the auction thingy in may and try-outs... but really... all the competitions and games are done... *whimper* but it's not so sad... this was a year of milestones... incredible new heights... we've made a name for ourselves this year and i couldn't be more proud of these girls... there's no turning back now... i know they'll kick even more ass next year! *chant* Cougars. Cougars. Cougars. Cougars. Gooooooooooooooo COUGARS!
posted by Rita at 2:53 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me

Name: Rita Jo Rose Cruz Encarnacion

Home: Concord, CA

See my profile...


Previous Post
Archives
Gimme More
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie