Monday, August 04, 2003
countdown to college: 14 days

man oh man oh man... i start college in two weeks!!!! i'm soooooooo excited!!!!

so today, i brought jamie to target to buy some gifts for nini and elexis. wow. i love target! browsing the gifts section/picture frames/dorm & room accessories section gave me such a rush. yes, sounds kinda cooky... but i felt like a lil kid in a candy store. i want that and that and oooo.. THAT! shopping just brings out the kid in me i guess. if only i had the cash to back my dorm room fantasies up... whew.

...which leads me to my next thought (kinda)...

so i'm at the check-out line at target and i'm looking at those $9.99 DVDs placed right before the register and there it is.. one of my favorite movies of all time: Dirty Dancing *dreamy sigh* mmmmm... and then later today when i drove to safeway, "hungry eyes" came on the radio and *click* i'm transported back to Dirty Dancing. I know that its super girly to love that movie, but I can`t help it. There`s nothing that I love more than 80`s nostalgia films, Ferris Beuller`s Day Off, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, those are the kinds of movies that take me back in time when I was still jumping around in my pajamas wondering what life would be like when I was a teenager in highschool. But, my favorite by far is Dirty Dancing. I used to fantasize that I would be whisked off to a summer resort like the one that Baby`s family went to and get swept off my feet by a straight, Patrick Swayze-esque dance instructor who wanted to mambo with me. Jennifer Grey played Baby perfectly to a tee, she was awkward, klutzy, said stupid things ("I carried a watermelon!), was naive, moral, and had a quiet beauty about her. Sure she wasn`t perfect but she was more than enough to land the sweet and incredibly hot (I was young, forgive me) guy who had rhythm. Which brings me around to this question, why do people strive so hard for perfection when its actually the flaws that seem attract the leading woman/man?

Songs of the day: Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes, Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes - Time of My Life (because I love that last dance number of her leaping off the stage into his arms), or Patrick Swayze - She`s Like the Wind

note to self: i've got 2 more weeks of vacation. must develop grad night pictures ASAP! *big grin*
posted by Rita at 12:43 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me

Name: Rita Jo Rose Cruz Encarnacion

Home: Concord, CA

See my profile...


Previous Post
Archives
Gimme More
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie