Wednesday, September 03, 2003
aw man.. it feels so good to slip back into "david gray" music mode. it's all too perfect! oh wow. idk, it just brings me to a happy place. where things are all ok. where i'm so content. where all the shit that's gone down doesn't matter anymore. there's just something about it that eases my heavy heart. it's so weird to try to describe, and i honestly don't think i can...

like memories just surge back to me. memories of blog hijinks. of me singing into my mirror. of looking throgh pictures and reading little notes and letters. of me lying in my bed chattin on the phone (texting on the phone). of kairos. of the ride home from senior ball. of after senior ball taking out a gajillion bobby pins out of my hair with lauren. of the day after senior ball just hangin around my room before practice and having my legs fall asleep as they dangled off the edge of the bed. of late night driving. of speeding down 680 - 24 - 242 to make curfew. of days when we all just chilled on the chs lawn or dls inner quad. of my cotillion. of graduation. of grad night. of parties. of 1 PM "lunches". of just laying in the summer grass with someone you care about not saying anything, but just knowing that this moment and all other moments leading up to it were beautiful and wonderful and yours forever.

no one can ever take that away--that warm feeling that makes everything right. or at least the memories that make you feel that way even if they are now distant and not applicable... it doesn't matter. please, no one bring me down.

oh dear.. if a guy wrote me a song like this.. i'd be his FOREVER! (maybe...) lol.

BE MINE - David Gray

From the very first moment I saw you
That's when I knew
All the dreams I held in my heart
Had suddenly come true
Knock me over stone cold sober
Not a thing I could say or do
'Cos baby when I'm walking with you now
My eyes are so wide
Like you reached right into my head
And turned on the light inside
Turning on the light
Inside my mind hey

Come on baby it's all right
Sunday Monday day or night
Written blue on white it's plain to see
That rainy shiny night or day
What's the difference anyway
Baby till your heart belongs to me

If I had some influence girl
With the powers that be
I'd have them fire that arrow at you
Like they fired it right at me
And maybe when your heart and soul are burning
You might see
That everytime I'm talking with you
It's always over too soon
That everyday feels so incomplete
Till you walk into the room
Say the word now girl
I'll jump that moon hey

Come on baby it's ok
Rainy shiny night or day
There's nothing in the way now
Don't you see
Winter summer day or night
Centigrade or fahrenheit
Baby till your heart belongs to me
Thursday Friday short or long
When you got a love so strong
How can it be wrong now mercy me
Jumpin' Jesus holy cow !
What's the difference anyhow
Baby till your heart belongs to me
posted by Rita at 10:01 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me

Name: Rita Jo Rose Cruz Encarnacion

Home: Concord, CA

See my profile...


Previous Post
Archives
Gimme More
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie