Friday, November 05, 2004
uneasy about school
some thoughts before i got through my second midterm of the day:

-i did feel a lot better this morning. my pounding, nearly blindingly painful headache was "gone". i wasn't too hungry. or tired, really. i felt damn good.

-i walked (no, i strolled) down to VLSB. it was nice. such a clear, crisp morning. it was quiet on campus and i smiled at someone and they smiled back. i thought that was kinda cool.

-i got to VLSB kinda early around 8:55. so i chilled on the steps between it and california hall, and people watched.

-then i got into the lecture hall. found a seat. look through my book one last time for some equations that might be helpful in case i need to substitute something... you usually have to do some kind of trick. and i put it away, and sat there w/ my test, face-down, on my desk.

-and then i flipped it. AH! it was "THE PROBLEM". so i read it, jotted down some notes/directions/stuff i'd memorized and proceeded to do the three others. and then it was 10 o'clock and i wasn't done.

-i was moving really slowly for some reason.

-i'm still not sure how time passed so quickly.

-so i didn't get to finish. and others didn't either. shoot, people were still writing as they turned in their papers! GAH! shady, cheaters!

-so idk what my grade'll be... *fingers crossed* i'm kinda scared. i needed to do well. and i don't think i did well enough. i didn't get to check. so yeah... then my headache came back.

-i think my headaches happen when i'm worried, or stressed, or thinking too much.

-i think i think too much all the time.

-so yeah, the test blew! and then i went to the CalSO office to see if i made it to the next round for counseloring.

-and i did!!!! yay! so i signed up for an interview. *fingers crossed*

-and then i mosied down the block to Crossroads for some food. i felt hungry when i left the test. hmmmm... and i even had a hearty breakfast this morning. but yeah, i ate. mmmmm... hot chocolate. i love warm liquids. they fill me up quite nicely. feeling all warm up in my heart area. it helped to ease a newly surfacing headache.

-then i had E11. it's interesting. there are days when the class just zips by and i'm totally engrossed and i barely look at my watch. but there are other days when it just drags, and my vision gets really blurry, and i feel like my face is going numb.

-i bet my professor notices.

-he actually said some really funny things in class today. i should visit him in office hours.

-oh yeah, re: office hours. if only they fit into my schedule. some do. some don't. and the ones that don't are the ones i need more. sheesh... what a coincidence.

-so i got back to my dorm. grabbed lunch. talked to some people in my class and got the same kind of reaction from it. hey, at least i'm not alone.

-just once: i'd like to leave a math midterm really confident in my performance. note: i like tests with lots of questions that cover everything i'd learned, not the ones that only cover like 2 (of the 9) that the chapter taught.

-ok. and now... what am i doing now? e28 reviewing

-i need to do really well on this one.

so i'm gonna go.

1 hour till it starts.

posted by Rita at 4:59 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me

Name: Rita Jo Rose Cruz Encarnacion

Home: Concord, CA

See my profile...


Previous Post
Archives
Gimme More
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie