Tuesday, August 12, 2003
untitled - 8/12/03

the blood red realm
the earth, the sky, the horizon,
all glow crimson like hellfire
i see the red world from behind the steel bars
the chains that keep me bound to the cage
and the sharp blades that hold me in place
torment me, slashing me
the only comfort i get is the cool feel of my own blood
trickling down my beaten face

and as i stare out the holes
generously put in my grizzly cage
i see the angel, crying in such fear
i see the demon, with his pitchfork aflame
and as they soar through the dark red skies
i`m forced to watch--that`s all
there`s nothing i can do, can`t even move
yet i still struggle with the hope of freeing myself
and destroying the demon with my bare, bloody hands

as i squirm and try
i hear her scream, the voice that should be happily singing
and the demon, making unearthly cries
swatting her out of the air, and letting her fall
i hear a harrowing shriek of helplessness
and realize it came from mine own
just before the angel falls to the crimsoned floor
the demon turned to me, and in his haunting voice
he asks me, "why did you let her fall?"

and in the instant i awoke from my nightmare,
in the first few seconds between dream and reality,
i sympathize with the devil`s question and ask myself,
"have you given up already?"
and to this i penetrate the dream barrier with harsh wake up call
as i shout at the top of my lungs, "NEVER!!!"
lying on my bed, in the stillness of the balmy night,
instead of blood, i am drenched in cold sweat
looking outside, i see the nightmare is over, yet...
the red world remains.
posted by Rita at 12:14 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me

Name: Rita Jo Rose Cruz Encarnacion

Home: Concord, CA

See my profile...


Previous Post
Archives
Gimme More
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie