Wednesday, March 12, 2003
What Lips My Lips Have Kissed - Edna St. Vincent Millay

What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,
I have forgotten, and what arms have lain
Under my head till morning; but the rain
Is full of ghosts tonight, that tap and sigh
Upon the glass and listen for reply,
And in my heart there stirs a quiet pain
For unremembered lads that not again
Will turn to me at midnight with a cry.
Thus in the winter stands the lonely tree,
Nor knows what birds have vanished one by one,
Yet knows it boughs more silent than before:
I cannot say what loves have come and gone,
I only know that summer sang in me
A little while, that in me sings no more.

interesting how i seem to relate so well to this poem/sonnet... and yet... WHAT LIPS MY LIPS HAVE KISSED? i'll give you $100 if you're the first one to tell me the correct answer!!! (dude... i'm just kidding... you think i've got $100 to just hand out... well my friend... you are mistaken!) ah my days of romantic glory... middle school... how i miss that!?! i'm seriously in the winter of my love life... it's so sad... *whimper*... then again... i'm not alone in this so it's all good... i've got my friends to keep me sane... and at least i'm not like the speaker in the poem who's forgotten all these "loves"... i vividly remember mine... woo woo! ah the memories... hmmmmm... i just had a crazy idea... ah... flashback flashback... great america science field trip in 8th grade.... VEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYY GOOD day for me... maybe old school tricks still work? maybe this may i'll... lol... nah...

hmmm... when people start to act differently around you, don't you get weirded out? idk it's like... things are changing or they seem to be changing in a situation very close to my heart... and i don't think i like where it's going... i just wanna yell... "NO WAIT... be like you were a few weeks ago... don't go all 'censored' and 'watching your mouth' around me now" ahhhhhh... i need to get my story straight... and my heart in line with my head... it's way too tough to balance out the scales when you're being pulled in opposite directions... ahhhhh if only... but alas LIFE IS DUKKHA!!!! if there's anything i'll take out of my last semester at Carondelet... it's just that!!!

posted by Rita at 4:36 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me

Name: Rita Jo Rose Cruz Encarnacion

Home: Concord, CA

See my profile...


Previous Post
Archives
Gimme More
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie